Monday, July 4, 2011

Spoiler Alert: Don't Look, Limner.



I usually forget to scan outgoing mail, but as the post office is closed today, I have time. This Independence Day envelope goes to mail pal, Bobbie. The return address and flag cutout on the bottom left come from one of those mailings seeking donations for veterans. The flag postage stamps are ones from my most recent order from Errol Murphy and my red and blue pen work on the address complete the theme.

Now, everybody sing along with me and The March King.

The Stars and Stripes Forever
Hurrah for the flag of the free!
May it wave as our standard forever,
The gem of the land and the sea,
The banner of the right.
Let despots remember the day
When our fathers with mighty endeavor
Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
That by their might and by their right
It waves forever.


Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July to you too .

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY PATTY!

    (Written with my eyes closed.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty-
    Let me know your address and I will send you instructions and samples of the orgami book! I took a class to learn how to do it - very cool and fun and your students will love it!! My email is bobbiebryan@msn.com and I am on Facebbok Bobbie Hartung Bryan.

    ReplyDelete