Friday, March 15, 2013

Guest Post: Send Get Well Cards to Patty

I see that it has been a while since Mom posted on her blog.  Patty was in a car accident on Thursday, March 14.  She is in the hospital, banged up, bruised and has broken her left arm in a couple of places.  Surgery is going to be needed in a few days to repair the break. I spoke with her this morning and she seems to be in good spirits and doing as we'll as can be expected under the circumstances.

She requested her iPad because the hospital has "excellent wifi" reception, lol! Anyway, I know how much she loves receiving snail mail and thought it would be a great idea if her online friends would flood her mailbox.  She especially enjoys hand-made cards. The mailing address is listed to the right. Pass this along, the more mail, the better.  I'm sure it will lift her spirits to see the cards.

XoxoxoX
Sharon (daughter)

8 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear your mom was in a car crash. And what a lovely daughter you are to do this. I am going to send her some mail right away and please give her my best. I hope she is on the mend very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to answer her letter but I think I will get out my supplies and send a card instead. Please let her know I am thinking of her and hope she is back on her feet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. I hope she has a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this. I have been so "concerned" about her silence. That Patty! Anything to get some time off! :)

    I will tell her how sorry I am in another letter. Two went out today in response to hers. Expect a paper flood girl!

    Much love and soft hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to her about your mother, thank you for posting this and thanks to Jackie at Lettermo too for getting word out. I just sent a letter so I will follow up with a card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so glad I checked in. I hope she's making good progress in recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Patty. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been 2 years! Come back, our Patty! Come home, come home, come home.

    ReplyDelete