Saturday, May 14, 2011

Crockett's Got Talent



Yep, that's right. Crockett's got talent. No, I'm not talking about me and my attempts at mail and journal art. Crockett's got talent when Kailey, my 3-yr-old granddaughter comes over.

During her last visit, she asked what I was making and I said, "Mail art."
She replied, "I want to make mail art, too."

So I handed her a blank white 4 in x 6 in card to use as the base for her art. She immediately ripped it into two pieces and began looking through my box of already cut images for one to "blue" down with her own bluestick. (G's are hard to say when you're 3)

She chose the Max Headroom photo, used her very own scissors to whack off the lower right corner (obviously it didn't belong there), blued it down, and finished off with the heart sticker embellishment.

There are lessons to be learned here. More on this mail art later.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant. and Beautiful. and very well blued. Can I send Kailey a mailart c/o you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She loves receiving mail, so yes, yes, yes!

    Please be sure to address it to Kailey Davidson (print it please) because she is one sharp cookie and can read her name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow grandma you are awesome for teaching her mail art already yeah for you and her .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's just too cute. :) She used the Rule of Three. The girl is a born artist. LOL. Wish I had at least one grand. Great job Patty.

    ReplyDelete