Last week while seeking bargains at the government surplus store, I found a box of 100 envelopes. They were a weird looking size, but, hey, weird works for me. And the price was right, 10 cents. So I bought a box.
Mistake! Turns out they weren't envelopes at all. Instead, they were paper hats, the kind worn by food service industry workers in some erstwhile era. I set them aside. Notice I did not say I threw them away. I set them aside. They were, after all, paper. A day or two went by and every time my eye would light on them I'd think, "Mistake!"
But, then one day I remembered the Bob Ross quote, "We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents." That made me smile and I began thinking.
TA DA! The Happy Accident Hat Contest was born.
1. Your hat must be decorated with a Letter/Mail Art/Postal related theme.
2. A picture of your hat must be submitted to me and I'll upload it into a gallery set up for that purpose. You may model the hat. You may traumatize your children, grandchildren, and/or pets by forcing them to model the hat. Or you can save yourself the hassle and use a stuffed toy as I did.
3. Only one entry per person is allowed.
4. Prizes (TBA) will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries, plus a People's Choice Award.
5. To enter, leave a comment below expressing your interest. Then email your mailing address to me at email@example.com.
6. Most important rule: HAVE FUN and Just Letter Rip.
***Note: You don't have to be a follower or spread the word about the contest, but both, or either, would be greatly appreciated. If you do blog about it, or post to facebook, or tweet, or whatever, please send me a link.